1 in 5 kids in the Greater Triangle is at risk of going hungry today. Children living in households that don’t have enough nutritious food are more likely to fall behind in school.
Providing access to healthy meals is one important step in breaking the cycle of poverty.
By focusing on Healthy Families, United Way of the Greater Triangle is able to partner with local nonprofit organizations providing children and families with the housing, nutrition, health, and safety support needed to stabilize and overcome the trauma of poverty.
Your support goes far. In recent years, your donations have helped:
Here are the organizations your donations support:
- Alliance Medical Ministry
- American Red Cross
- Center for Child and Family Health, Inc.
- Community Empowerment Fund
- El Futuro, Inc.
- Families Moving Forward (on behalf of the Durham Collaborative to End Family Homelessness)
- Families Together
- Habitat for Humanity of Durham
- Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
- Housing for New Hope, Inc.
- Inter-Faith Council for Social Services, Inc.
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- Johnston Lee Harnett Community Action
- Meals on Wheels of Wake County, Inc.
- Oak City Cares
- Orange Congregations in Mission, Inc.
- Pathways to Change
- SAFEchild (MDT Collaboration)
- Southlight Healthcare
- The Exchange Club’s Child Abuse Prevention Center in Durham, Inc. (DBA Exchange Family Center)
- The Green Chair Project, Inc.
- The Hope Center at Pullen
- Transitions LifeCare
- Triangle Family Services (MDT Collaboration)
- Triangle Residential Options for Substance Abusers, Inc.
- Urban Ministries of Wake County, Inc.
- Wake County Continuum of Care