United Way’s Spirit of North Carolina Awards Shines Light On 8 Triangle Companies
United Way of the Greater Triangle announced today that Triangle, NC companies will receive 2021 Spirit of North Carolina Awards, across multiple categories, highlighting their incredible efforts to support United Way’s mission to eradicate poverty and increase social mobility through the power of partnerships. Moving from response to recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, these companies have led the way in meeting community needs through their fundraising, volunteer, and advocacy efforts.
United Way of North Carolina’s annual Spirit of North Carolina Awards celebrate organizations for their campaign excellence achieved through impactful events, engaged leadership, and volunteer engagement. Organizations championing DEI values and post-pandemic rebuilding efforts are also celebrated. On March 1st, United Way of North Carolina recognizes 75 winners representing 22 local United Ways across North Carolina.
The Triangle, NC award winners are:
- Coastal Credit Union for “Investment in Long-Term Sustainable Impact”
- Elliott Davis for “Most Impactful and Engaging Workplace Campaign Kickoff or Event”
- EY for “Leading Through the DEI Lens”
- M&F Bank and Syngenta for “Campaign/Engagement Success”
- Microsoft for “Post-Pandemic Champion”
- Redwoods Group for “Building Legacy of Community Engagement Through Volunteerism”
- RTI International for “Building Momentum and Sustainability Through Engaged Leadership And Employees”
- Syngenta for “Best Practices”
“We applaud our corporate partners for continuing to support our Triangle community through workplace giving. It’s thanks to their hard work and generosity – as well as the support of more than 12,000 individual donors – that we have the resources needed to provide critical support to nearly 100 nonprofits. This recognition is well deserved,” said Eric Guckian, United Way of the Greater Triangle’s President and CEO.
Across the state, United Ways in North Carolina collectively raised $81.1M to help communities meet local needs. The 8 companies named above contributed a total of $877,383.
view a complete list of Spirit of North Carolina Award winners on the United Way of North Carolina website.