Triangle-Region Volunteer Opportunities During COVID-19
Looking for safe ways to give back during the #COVID-19 crisis? We’re curating the latest opportunities that’ll have the biggest impact.
The list was curated with respect to current social distancing guidelines mandated by North Carolina state government and the opportunities that are currently available from United Way’s nonprofit partners.
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- Outdoors and on-site: volunteers needed at the Food Shuttle Farm and at food donation drive sites
- Sign up here: https://www.foodshuttle.org/volunteer
- Inter-Faith Council for Social Services
- Habitat for Humanity Durham County
- Outdoors and on-site: once North Carolina opens for Phase 3, Habitat for Humanity will be seeking volunteers to work on construction sites.
- Sign up here: http://www.durhamhabitat.org/volunteer
- Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Onsite: volunteers needed to support Urban Ministries in-house food pantry
- Sign up here: https://urbanmin.org/volunteer/
- WAKE Up and Read
- On-site: volunteers needed to help sort, pack, and hand out books for families through a contact less distribution at community meal sites and through partner agencies.
- Sign up here: https://wakeupandread.org/volunteer/
- The Daniel Center for Math and Science
- This education-focused nonprofit is seeking technology devices (including tablets, iPads, and Chromebooks) to support their STEM-based programming provided to youth in Southeast Raleigh.
- The organization is also seeking new STEM-based corporations or organizations to partner with for possible job-shadowing opportunities and virtual field trip experiences.
- Website: https://danielcenter.org/
- Contact Keturah White for more information
- Phone: 919-828-6443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org