Data collection and analysis provide a great opportunity to build and maintain relationships with supporters, like you, in a variety of different ways. We are excited about this chance to get to know you better, but our first priority is your trust. We utilize several security measures to keep any personal information we capture secure. The following policy is our commitment to your privacy, and while most of the language focuses on online privacy, we extend these same standards to all constituent information, regardless of the source.
Information we gather:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail updates, we ask for your contact name and e-mail address.
- When you donate online by credit card, you must submit your name, your credit card number and billing information for credit card verification purposes. This information allows us to process and fulfill your donation, to notify you of your donation status, or to associate your donation with a particular fundraising campaign. If you would like to donate anonymously, please indicate this when completing the donation form. The payment information you provide on our website when making a donation is transmitted and stored securely by our payment processors: iATS and Paypal. You should review their respective privacy policies and contact them directly with any questions about payment security.
- When you visit our websites, your IP address is visible to us and used in conjunction with non-personally identifiable information such as browser, operating system, referring URL, country, location, and behavior on the site. At no time is your IP address linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP address.
- United Way of the Greater Triangle collects personally identifiable data through our websites and online platforms, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc., when submitted by a visitor or provided by a visitor’s employer for the purposes of running an online campaign. For example, personally identifiable information may be collected through our websites in order to respond to a stated desire to volunteer time to us or to make a donation online. This information is used solely for the furthering of United Way of the Greater Triangle’s mission and is protected at all costs.
What we do with your information
- United Way of the Greater Triangle will never sell your information.
- Nor does United Way of the Greater Triangle share, rent, loan, or give your information to third parties unless they are carrying out business activities and functions on our behalf, such as data processing, donor prospecting, payment processing, online giving, or other business-support functions. In these cases, the third parties are using the data for the sole business-support function for which it was shared, and are required to sign and agree to a non-disclosure or contractor agreements with United Way of the Greater Triangle.
- United Way of the Greater Triangle is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties. As with any information you give over the web, you do so at your own risk.
United Way of the Greater Triangle’s opt-out policy: If at any time you would like to discontinue your relationship or part of your relationship with United Way of the Greater Triangle, simply use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correcting your personal information: If at any time you believe the information collected by United Way is incorrect or inappropriate, simply email us at email@example.com to have your information changed or removed from our database.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
United Way of the Greater Triangle
PO Box 110583
This policy was last updated on May 23rd, 2018.