- This event has passed.
Justice Series: United For Equitable Grantmaking
To truly solve for the Triangle’s toughest challenges, the many strong nonprofits in the region must have the internal capacity to overcome and adapt to every hurdle faced by the community’s most vulnerable neighbors. That’s not possible without adequate funding from, and trust in, the foundations providing those nonprofits with necessary financial support. The Triangle Capacity-Building Network (TCBN) is committed to making that happen.
Since 2014, this growing group of local funders – including John Rex Endowment and the Triangle Community Foundation – has been focused on bringing justice to grantmaking by:
- Providing exclusive opportunities for organizations led by people of color
- Prioritizing funding specifically for capacity building and organizational strengthening
- Building trusting relationships with funded partners
- Funding the full cost of intended outcomes (not just overhead)
- Educating and changing the behaviors of funders
- And so much more
Join us on Friday, February 19 to learn more about what justice means for local grant making and why you should be paying attention.