Looking for ways to get your team excited about the United Way campaign? Here are a few fun activity ideas:
1. Host a virtual themed contest:
• Dress like your favorite front line worker – be creative!
• Dress like your favorite superhero to lift up the spirits!
• Represent your favorite sports team through workplace appropriate attire.
• Host a virtual spirit week with categories that best represent your company.
2. Host a “Workplace Olympics” to Beat COVID-19:
• Ask colleagues to pledge 19 days of 19 push-ups per day to community recovery and stabilization following COVID-19. With $1 donated per push-up, each employee could raise $361 dollars in 19 days.
• # of steps per week in a three-week team challenge or team relay races clocked individually. Help support the cause by donating to colleagues with the highest goal — $10 for 10,000 steps!
• Most # of basketball dribbles in one go!
• 19 minutes of meditation for 19 days!
3. Build additional momentum through friendly competition:
• Best yard work – invite colleagues to send a photo and a slogan to describe the submitted photo
• Most creative home-schooling initiative/project (family-friendly)
• Best coloring, painting, or drawing piece (family-friendly)
• Make face masks. Consider suggested donations $5 per mask.
• Best quarantine cooking contest or quarantine baking contest – get employees to vote by donating to their colleagues!
4. Offer incentives for the “new normal,” including:
• Premium car washes
• Premium parking spaces may not be used but a little auto love is always appreciated!
• Gift card to a local coffee shop or café
• Gift card to support local artists selling online
• Gift card for take out food or meal delivery
• Subscription to Netflix or other similar entertainment platforms
• Gift cards for online shopping at Amazon, Target, a grocery store, and more