Digital Marketing Manager
About the United Way of the Greater Triangle:
With a bold mission to eradicate poverty and increase social mobility for everyone in the Triangle through the power of partnerships, United Way of the Greater Triangle (UWGT) is building the team to work together to make that mission a reality. We fund nonprofits through our three pillars: Cradle to Career, Equity in Leadership and Healthy Families. If you are justice-oriented, love the details, and are exceptionally technically savvy, join us as our next Manager, Digital Marketing.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Manager, Digital Marketing serves as an integral member of the Data and Operations team and is responsible for robust, tailored email marketing campaign design and execution, broad project management, data analysis and audience segmentation, tracking and reporting corporate campaigns. The Manager, Digital Marketing operationalizes the donor and customer communication journey in close collaboration with the campaign leaders. This role works in close collaboration with the Senior Leader of Data and Operations to act on database analytics and support developing systems and processes led by others, in time leading this work more autonomously. This role also works in close collaboration with the philanthropy team playing a support function for campaign execution, year-round engagement and special events.
More than 10,000 donors support our work financially in the Triangle and we are committed to broadening their engagement beyond their financial contributions. Toward that end, UWGT creates meaningful and measurable engagement opportunities in partnership with our corporate partners, individual donors and other stakeholders to ensure that our impact moves beyond a financial transaction and into ongoing, meaningful and measurable engagement, impact and learning for the Triangle Community. The Manager, Digital Marketing ensures we have accurate, clean databases and tailored audience segmentation so that we reach our donor community with in-tune and on time messaging.
The Manager, Digital Marketing takes delight in playing a behind the scenes part in the larger organization’s success and ultimate realization of our mission to eradicate poverty in the Triangle.
- Database analysis and audience segmentation. Identify top 3-5 audience segments and design prototypes to help us understand personal motivations, desires and dreams: what do they care about, what are their favorite ways to engage, who are the people already in our networks? Help us to personify and humanize our broad constituency so that we can design a supporter journey. Provide prototypes and support conversations with other regional leaders where necessary.
- Email marketing communication. Based on detailed audience analytics and segmentation, design email communication strategy and some email content. Write copy based on vision, strategy and storytelling perspective set by marketing and storytelling team
- Digital fundraising campaigns. Create and execute digital fundraising campaigns within our corporate partner workplaces.
- Systems and processes refinement. Strengthen internal processes and systems for smoother flows of information, stronger collaboration and ultimately, more easeful, values-aligned, speedier communication to our constituents.
- Project management. Lead the work of the team to achieve all project goals within the given constraints (budget, time, values-alignment) of the project. Including documentation, created at the beginning of the development process.
- Cross team communication. Communicate across teams for clarity and understanding. Choose the right medium for the audience and the right data for the right purpose. People consistently feel heard and understood by you.
- Social media content creation. Creates content that helps to tell a cohesive story on different social media platforms, especially capitalizing on the reach and platform of LinkedIn.
- You’re passionate about the mission, vision and values of the United Way of the Greater Triangle. You understand what we’re up to and are an effective and passionate brand steward. You see our budget as an extension and expression of our values.
- You delight in details and databases. You pay attention to the small stuff. You believe that strong systems, processes and attention to detail lead to stronger results every time. You are adept at data entry and exports with a variety of platforms and formats.
- You’re experienced in email marketing. You have designed and executed campaigns that compel people to action, using MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar email marketing platforms.
- You’re an outstanding communicator When you speak and write, people listen and take note. You have a way of motivating and influencing others to achieve outcomes. You listen deeply to what others have to say.
- You’re an analyst. You see patterns and trends and can articulate what that means and know the people to pull in and share that data with to influence positive outcomes. You can see small problems before they become big problems and have a broad set of tools and optimism to address problems.
- You’re a project management expert. You can break the flows of work into small parts, rally people around their roles, monitor progress against the plan and adjust course as necessary to meet benchmarks and outcomes. You see problems as puzzles that are fun to solve.
- You’re a dream teammate. You cultivate and maintain relationships with the UWGT staff and see our team as interconnected. You love working with other people and help make for strong cross functional collaboration. People love working with you. You’re supportive and can roll up your sleeves and be one of the all hands on deck when the occasion demands. You are curious and generous.
- You’re committed to diversity, equity, inclusivity and belonging. You examine and work to mitigate your own biases and support the growth and maintenance of an inclusive, anti-racist culture.
- You’re social media savvy. You have a pulse on social media outlets, especially LinkedIN and can use social media metrics to strengthen storytelling.
A glimpse into your first 90 days:
- Get to know your teammates and UWGT’s history and this unique moment in time
- Identify top 3-5 audience segments and design prototypes
- Engage in support conversations with other organizational leaders
- Learn our tools and materials: epledge, Mailchimp, Andar, Salesforce CRM, Microsoft suite, specifically forms + planner, eventbrite, signup genius,
- Work with philanthropy team to provide market research, prototype, materials to complement a skillset/strategy for
- Project management for event planning, digital fundraising campaigns, and email communication data management and hygiene
- Project management support for the Chief Operating Officer
- Design and execute e-pledge workplace fundraising campaigns: create electronic giving capability that’s company specific with tailored, specific email communications. Active links, testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 2-3 years progressive digital marketing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Skill in storytelling and content writing
These are nice to haves, but we think they’d help you get off to a great start:
- Experience with Andar, a United Way specific CRM
- Digital fundraising platform HTML coding experience
*Don’t have all the reqs but are passionate about our mission? We still want you to apply.
Salary range is $54,000 – $63,000 along with a generous and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K matching and a flexible work environment.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI) Vision Statement: We are committed to becoming a collaborative and inclusive organization that strives for equity and equal opportunity in all we do in order to be a catalyst for change in our community. We will work to create a welcoming environment for all; enable success for all; work constantly toward fairness, civility, and respect for all; and honor the rich mosaic of voices both within our United Way and in the Greater Triangle.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com