United Way's Rapid Response Fund launched in March 2020 in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
More than $1.4M has already been distributed to 104 nonprofit organizations in Wake, Durham, Orange, and Johnston County working hard to provide critical resources to residents in need. Read their stories below.
Rapid Response Fund's Impact To Date:
508739healthy and nutritious meals have been provided to the most vulnerable populations in the Greater Triangle
4108people have been provided emergency rental assistance and emergency housing services
23214children have been provided the resources necessary to support their education needs while out of school
37512Adults and children received necessary medications, products and services to address mental and physical health needs
Deep Dive: United Way’s Process for Rapid Response Fund Allocation Decisions
NC 2-1-1 Provides Critical Support For North Carolina Residents During COVID-19
Alliance Medical Ministry Pivots Quickly to Serve Patients During COVID-19
Housing For New Hope Helps Families Move Into Stable Homes
How Tiffany Bass Became Stronger With Support From Durham Tech
TABLE Utilizes Rapid Response Fund to Expand Services for Orange County Children
EmPOWERment Inc. Strengthens Community Through Organizing, Housing, and More During COVID-19
Kramden Institute Helps Deborah Stay Connected To Her Doctors During The Pandemic
Two Rapid Response Fund Grant Recipients Partner for Bigger Impact in Johnston County
Johnston Lee Harnett Community Action Continues to Empower and Embolden Despite Pandemic
Rapid Response Fund Recipients – April 13, 2020 to present:
Click each organization’s name to see how they’re using their Rapid Response Fund grant to support the community.
- A Place at the Table
- Alliance Medical Ministry
- Book Harvest
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro Meals on Wheels
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation
- Chapel Hill Training Outreach Project: KidScope
- Child Care Services Association
- Christian Community In Action (Dorcas Ministries)
- Church in the Woods
- Church World Service (CWS) Durham
- Club Nova Community, Inc.
- Communities In Partnership
- Community Empowerment Fund
- Curamericas Global
- Curryblossom Foundation
- Dementia Alliance of North Carolina
- Diaper Bank of North Carolina
- Durham Children’s Initiative
- Durham Congregations In Action
- Durham Nativity School
- Durham Public Schools Foundation
- Durham Technical Community College Foundation
- Easterseals UCP North Carolina
- El Centro Hispano
- Emily K Center
- Families Moving Forward
- Families Together
- Farmer Foodshare, Inc.
- Good News Buenas Nuevas
- Grocers on Wheels
- Hope Center at Pullen
- Housing For New Hope
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- Johnston Community College Foundation, Inc.
- Johnston County Industries, Inc.
- Johnston Lee Harnett Community Action
- Kramden Institute
- LGBTQ Center of Durham, Inc.
- LIFE Skills Foundation
- Lincoln Community Health Center, Inc.
- Lucy Daniels Center
- Meals on Wheels of Durham
- Meals on Wheels of Wake County
- Methodist Home for Children’s Barbara H. Curtis Center and Jordan Center
- Mighty Men Of Valor Outreach
- Oak City Cares
- Orange Congregations in Mission
- Partners for Youth Opportunity
- Partnership For Children
- Passage Home
- PORCH Chapel Hill-Carrboro
- Refugee Community Partnership
- Refugee Support Center
- Sharing Community Love
- SOAR Outreach
- Southeast Raleigh Vicinity Emerging
- Sharing Community Love
- Student U
- TABLE, Inc.
- Tammy Lynn Center
- The Daniel Center for Math and Science
- The Family Violence Prevention Center, Inc. (InterAct)
- The Green Chair Project
- The Marian Cheek Jackson Center for Saving and Making History
- The Presbyterian Homes Foundation, Inc. on behalf of Capital Towers, Inc.
- Ties for Guys Men’s Ministry, Inc.
- Transplanting Traditions Community Farm
- Tri-Area Ministry Food Pantry
- Triangle Family Services
- True Care Solutions, Inc.
- Urban Ministries of Durham
- Urban Ministries of Wake County
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants
- U.S. Veterans Corps
- Village of Wisdom
- Wake County Boys and Girls Club
- World Relief Durham
- YMCA of the Triangle
- Youth Villages