Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Financial Officer serves as an integral member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for the direction and execution of United Way’s financial management strategy including: financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, analysis, forecasting, and policy. The Chief Financial Officer is also responsible for ensuring adherence to United Way Worldwide standards in finance and reporting, ensuring the financial practices reflect UWGT’s values and complements community and program strategy. The Chief Financial Officer is a leader of internal infrastructure building to integrate a diversity, equity and inclusivity lens into all of UWFT’s external and internal operations. This position is the liaison to the Finance & Audit Committee of the Board and serves as the spokesperson for Finance.
General Position Summary:
This hands-on position requires a strong understanding of non-profit accounting. Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the organization. Work with CEO and senior staff to develop and implement annual operating budget, policies, internal controls and procedures.
- Set an inspiring vision for and direct all organizational financial activities, including revenue/receivable, accounting and control, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance, risk management and insurance, investment analysis, and audits
- Craft required documents for Finance & Audit Committee and Board (other committees as assigned)
- Prepare, analyze, and present Monthly Financial Reports. Prepare organization-wide financial analysis, historical trends, forecasting and other analysis
- Contribute to a vibrant growth-focused, values-aligned work culture
- Coach and develop staff with skills and knowledge necessary to reach their goals and positively impact financial operations
- Provide regular, relevant financial updates during staff meetings
- Monitor cash flow and manage investable funds to improve investment income
- Serve as primary contact and relationship holder for external auditors
- Represent UWGT externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations
- Critical contributor to UWGT’s strategic goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
Leadership and Team Development:
- Recruit, hire, develop and manage the work of a diverse finance team
- Ensure team members receive timely onboarding and training
- Establish and monitor team performance and progress towards development goals
- Coach, develop and mentor your team
- Brand Stewardship: you understand the purpose, values, vision and mission of UWGT
- Clear, Effective Communication: you share your point of view written and orally in the best medium for the audience and listen to others’ input
- Cultivating and Maintaining Relationships: with staff, Board Members, and external partners, you develop deep and lasting relationships
- Continuous Learning and Improvement: you stay current on best practices in financial and team management
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity: you examine and work to mitigate your own biases and support the growth and maintenance of an inclusive culture
- Analytical thinking
- Team leadership and people management
- Technological proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with CPA required
- Demonstrated ability in nonprofit accounting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability in personnel management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products
- Requires a minimum of eight (8) years progressive financial operations experience, and experience in a managerial position with supervisory responsibilities
- Must have strong working knowledge of cash management, internal controls, systems and procedures, budgets and planning, receivables management and statement preparation
- Passion for United Way of the Greater Triangle’s mission is essential
Salary: Commensurate with experience
United Way of the Greater Triangle is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.
UWGT Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Vision Statement: We are committed to becoming a collaborative and inclusive organization that strives for equity and equal opportunity in all we do in order to be a catalyst for change in our community. We will work to create a welcoming environment for all; enable success for all; work constantly toward fairness, civility, and respect for all; and honor the rich mosaic of voices both within our United Way and in the Greater Triangle.
DEI Purpose Statement: To be relevant change-makers in our community and inspire deepened engagement and contributions, we will be intentional about building a workforce that embodies the diversity of our Triangle region; we will embed the pursuit of DEI in our organizational priorities; we will work to foster an organizational culture where each employee, board member, volunteer, and community member feels valued, supported and appreciated.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com