Teaming for Technology
Local Donation Procedure
- Check to see if T4T accepts the items you have to donate.
- Erase your Hard Drive! Here is a website with a free program to erase your computer: http://dban.sourceforge.net/
The equipment donor is solely responsible for the removal of data from their computers prior to donation, and as a term of donation will not hold Teaming for Technology liable for any misuse of the data subsequent to donation.
- Follow Donation Guidelines (see below) .
- Complete the online receipt form.
- Deliver equipment to:
Teaming for Technology, 5151 McCrimmon Parkway, Suite 225 Morrisville, NC, any time between 9:00am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- For large corporate donations, we may be able to help transport the donation. Please consider helping split the cost of the rental truck with us. Please call us (919) 463-5018. (~40 or more systems is considered large)
Equipment Donation GuidelinesTo help your community technology program run efficiently, please adhere to the following donation guidelines.
- OPERATING HOURS: Mon - Fri 9:00am - 4:30pm. Please don't leave equipment during off hours. Also, it is illegal to dump junk electronics at our door when no one is around.
- NO PACKAGING: It takes time for us to break down boxes and throw out styrofoam. Please take all items out of their boxes and please leave only the equipment.
- SUGGESTED DONATION: We appreciate a small $ donation per computer system. From the time we receive a computer to the time it leaves our hands to go to a nonprofit, school or family, we spend approximately $65 on it in time, upgrades, repairs, software, delivery costs, and storage rental.
- RECYCLE DAMAGED MONITORS: We cannot accept CRT monitors that don't properly work. Please recycle them if they are damaged.
- DON'T FORGET THE POWER CORD: Power cords are not required with your donation, but they are a huge help! Please remember to bring power cords and all appropriate cords and cables with your donation.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SELL EQUIPMENT WE CAN NOT PLACE: Occasionally we receive items that the agencies we work with have no use for. Usually it is because the items are too specialized. We will make a reasonable effort to place all items we receive with a family, nonprofit or school, but in the event that we can not place them, we reserve the right to sell them, from which 100% of the proceeds go to support T4T.
For more information about donating computers, cell phones, office equipment, etc, contact: T4T, United Way of the Greater Triangle at 919-463-5018 or email us.