5th ANNUAL SLEEP OUT
Making the “Invisible” Issues Visible
Friday, May 5th, 6:30 pm until
Saturday, May 6th, 8:30 am
Durham Athletic Park in Durham
With only cardboard for a mattress, a hardy spirit, and a true passion for the cities and towns we call home, participants in the Sleep Out gather to make issues like hunger, homelessness, and inequity more visible. It is an opportunity to raise awareness of the challenges facing nearly 200,000 people – 60,000 are children – living in poverty right here in the Triangle. And help do something about it.
Sleep Out 2017 – An Immersive, Overnight Event
- Learn about social issues in our community
- Take part in interactive experiences
- Meet new people
- Share ideas of how to bring about change
- Sleep under the stars . . . on a cardboard flat
- Gain a new perspective on life in the Triangle
- Raise money to help make a difference
Your participation matters!
In our prosperous Triangle, vulnerable children and their families can have brighter futures when we know the issues; become active participants; raise money in support of this work, and come together to invest in our communities.