1) Craig has worked for various United Ways since 1975 in Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan as well as United Way Worldwide in Alexandria, VA. He has spent 37 career years with United Way.
2) In 2010, he was appointed by Governor Bev Perdue to the North Carolina Commission for Workforce Development. The Commission recommends policies and strategies that enable the state’s workforce and businesses to compete in the global economy. Their mission is to establish and guide a world-class workforce development system for North Carolina that will be comprehensive, integrated, relevant, and effective.
3) Craig’s bachelor’s degree from Miami University is in psychology.
4) During his tenure at United Way of the Greater Triangle, more than $170 million has been raised.
5) He’s comfortable in front of, as well as, behind the camera. He has done some modeling and appeared in various training films. He’s a member of Cary Photographic Artists and prefers taking nature photo shots.
Craig will retire from United Way of the Greater Triangle at the end of 2012.
Photo by Robert Campbell.